Sunday, December 9, 2012

Just a Quickie

    For those of you with your minds in the gutter, this isn't one of those kinds of posts. I just wanted to let you know that it is windy and cold and cloudy. Just the kind of day to stay inside and play in my craft room.
After wasting a 12x12 piece of white vinyl....what a mess, I finally had success decorating a charger plate. Why are they called charger plates? Because they charge you for them? Because you are going to put cookies on them and charge around giving them out? I have no idea!
But I loved how this turned out. I'm going buy more at Walmart on payday if they have any left. Too bad I can't find a cheap source of vinyl. This would be something to make for a craft sale next year. Katie and I will have to put our heads together and see what we can come up with. There isn't a big market for craft items even combining Holbrook and Saint Johns together.
 I saw this Shadow Box book on Susan Blue Robot's blog and thought it was so cute. I spent hours looking for a pattern which I never found but I did find instructions so converted the measurements into a cutting file.
After a lot of mountain/valley folds and trying various sticky tape and glues, I finally got it to go together just right. Yes, yes, I went thru lots of card stock before getting it right. Now I need to find some things to put on the front and inside. But first I have to finish up making Christmas cards. I only made 10 and then felt guilty for not making more for other loved ones.
  Be sure to check out Katie's blog to see all the goodies she's been making. http://www.ktsangels.blogspot.com/
I don't know if everyone can see her Facebook page but if you can check out the Nutcracker she just finished using cardstock. It's awesome. If you can't see it, I'll ask permission to post it on here.
http://www.facebook.com/katie.wenger?ref=ts&fref=ts

1 comment:

  1. you are so darn cute...thanks for the post about my nut cracker...and yeah I will give you permission anytime...heehee...love your charger plate...yeah I think they just 'charge' you more for them...lol

    ReplyDelete