Saturday, July 14, 2012

Get well card

My friend Katie is always telling me I should enter some of the craft challenges different bloggers put on their blog. As you know, I don't want to be committed to doing anything on a regular basis since I'm retired.  But today I was playing around and made some digital stamps using Inkscape. Also using Inkscape, I made the stamps different colors. Then I got to thinking.......maybe I could make my own cardstock using my flower images. Here's what I came up with.
I layered three different colors of flowers all over my digital mat on the Cameo and then printed it out. I used Chalk-AH-Lot Star Dust chalk to put a shiny glow to the entire card.
Next, I made cut files with the same digital stamp and then inked the edges with Chalk-AH- Lot Pearl Purple chalk, after cutting the stamps out.
 There's a little section at the top that I left white for demonstration purposes.
I cut out 6 flowers and chalked the edges, poked a hole thru each one, scrunched the 5 smallest flowers up to give them some grunge and make them 3-D and attached them all together with a brad. I used my Cameo to cut out the words Get Well Soon and attached everything to the front of my card.
and here's the finished project. Do I need to start a crafting blog or just stick to going's on at the ranch? You be the judge!

6 comments:

  1. Wow that turned out so pretty!! Love the images too! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Chalk N Stock! I am so glad that Katie told you you should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda is GREAT...my vote is you start a craft blog to go along with your ranch blog, I think peps would love to see what you create and how you do it out in no mans land...lol...you did a great job at explaining it and your a pro already...well done...thanks for playing at chalk n stock...I love it...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Love the way you layered the flowers and used chalk. Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Chalk N Stock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very talented and I love what you did. I'm so glad you listened to your friend and entered this in our challenge at Chalk N Stock.

    ReplyDelete