Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snow last week, snow expected this week

 Here's what it looked like last week when it was snowing. It was coming down pretty hard but was gone the next day.
 Isn't it pretty? The best thing is, it doesn't last long. Not like the last year I lived in Illinois in 1978. That was the winter of the Mother of all Storms. 100 inches of snow, stuck in my driveway for a month, diesel in semi trucks freezing and turning to gel, driving home from work in a white out. I worked at Kmart at the time and they suggested we all stay in the store overnight but I wanted to get home to my kids and I knew the store would be closed the next day. Ahhhhhh, the memories.
 I call this hail, Pa calls it sleet and Arizona calls it grapple. So take yer choice.
 Doesn't this put you in a Christmas mood?
 While my buddy, Katie was at my house, she showed me how to put this cutting file together. It is a 3-D book and instead of pages inside, there is a drawer you can slide out and put gifties in.
 How clever is that? I am a huge Peter Rabbit fan, don't ask me why cause I have no idea!
 Went to the monthly Stampin Up class on Saturday. We made this ornament.
 also made this gift tin. It has gift tags inside that we made. I can never figure out what to do with empty tins so now my mind is working over time on what I can do with the little tins I bought or those Altoid tins.
 Sorry these are out of order but this is the Christmas ornament all folded up,
I couldn't get a picture of Tilly jumping up to watch TV but I did capture her intently watching. I have more pictures of the goodies we made at the class but they won't download so I will end this post and start another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment