Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

 A sunset picture from last week. We can see the power plant outside of Saint Johns from our driveway. I happened to look out the window and thought the sky looked like it was on fire.
 Tilly and Harley looking out the window watching.........
 these little guys. The bunnies just drive them crazy.
 We got an inch to an inch and a half of snow this week so we will have a white Christmas.
 I baked an apple pie yesterday. It was delicious!
 You can barely tell from this picture but this morning the sun was shining on the grass and the grass was twinkling! It was like there were tiny Christmas lights spread all over the acreage.
 Acres and acres of twinkles. Isn't God good? We didn't put up a Christmas tree which kind of bummed me out but this morning, the day before Christmas, God let me know I didn't need a Christmas tree when He gave me natural Christmas lights. I'm  just in awe of His love for me.
If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you might see some sparkles. I can't keep from looking out the window at the incredible beauty. I love it out here so much.
On Wednesday, Daisy Mae and Lil. Abner had friends over for dinner which included us. Daisy Mae is a fantastic cook and we had a wonderful time. She has to work on Christmas day. She made the most wonderful dessert..crock pot lava cake. Oh my gosh!!! So delicious, my hips were screaming with joy with every bite I took.
I'm so grateful for the friends we've made here at the ranch. Don and his wife have been keeping us supplied with eggs. I'm surprised his hens are laying so much in the winter but he said he has their coop very well insulated and has lights on 16 hours a day and plays country music all day. A happy hen is a laying hen!
We have been so blessed this year. I don't know why God has been so good to us because we are so undeserving. Never the less, I am so thankful for his goodness and mercy.
Last Saturday, I got an email saying one of my childhood friends had passed away. He was the love of my life in third grade thru junior high school. He'd had a rough childhood and had been in trouble with the authorities so my parents didn't want me to have anything to do with him. Under parental pressure, I broke off contact with him and spent the next 30 years dreaming of him on a weekly basis. In my dreams I was always searching for him. I finally tracked him down and we talked on the phone and caught up on the years. On a yearly trip to Oregon, I stopped in Klamath Falls to see him and his wife. After his rough child hood I think all he wanted was to be loved and accepted and he found that with his wife, Sue. He found the perfect woman for him. Knowing he was ok and that his life was a content one, the dreams stopped. His wife and I became friends, I just adore her. Now just before Christmas she has lost the love of her life and is devastated beyond belief. My heart breaks for her. Please say a prayer for her.
I hope and pray you all have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful 2012 and remember to count your blessings.You can find joy in the little things in life like the tiny ice crystals shining brightly on the grass outside your window.

No comments:

Post a Comment