Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bountiful Basket Update

Neither rain nor snow or sleet or hail will keep us from getting our food! In spite of the weather, we had to go to Springerville today to pick up our Bountiful Basket order or lose the money. If you don't show up, they donate it to charity. It was snowing like crazy but not sticking.  One mile of the road getting out of the ranch was nothing but snot so we slipped and slid all over but got in and out of the ranch ok. My poor truck is covered in mud.
This is what we got in our basket:
2 celery
1 boc choy
1 lb of strawberries
4 green peppers
9 bananas
1 bunch asparagus
1 lettuce
3 mangos
1 big clove garlic
7 mini pears
That was $15.00 and for an extra $10.00 we got 5 loaves of various bread. Basha's Grocery was having a sale on Chuck roast for $1.88 a pound so we bought four of those.

This big puppy was $47 and change and we paid $14.00 so how could we resist a sale like this? I cut them in half , wrapped them twice and froze them. If nothing else, I can grind it up for hamburger. I love sales like this. We have to eat so I don't feel guilty spending the money. Now, if it were for a new purse, the guilt would set in.  I don't think I would go 110 miles round trip just for $15.00 worth of produce but with meat sales thrown in and lunch out with Pa makes it worth while.

The weather man said it was supposed to clear up today. The weather man has no idea what he's talking about!!!!!  It has snowed off and on all day. It isn't sticking at least so I guess we should be grateful. I'm just ready for Spring! Where the heck is it? I'm just glad we don't have to go anywhere till Wednesday. Hopefully things will dry out a bit or else I'm not going. We have plenty of food to keep us going for a couple of months. Except I forgot to buy potatoes. OH well!


1 comment:

  1. love your post...can't believe all that food you got for $18.00...Josh used the Boc choy so nothing much has gone to waste...

    ReplyDelete