Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I'm ready for Spring! NOW!

Even tho it has really been a mild winter, I am more than ready for Spring. I've already ordered my garden seeds and still want to order a couple of apple trees and a peach tree so the rabbits will have something to eat later in the year, ha ha.
We woke up this morning to snow on the ground but it has mostly melted now. We've had some cold nights, down to 8 below 0, our pipes froze for a couple of days, the barrels at the corners of the house that catch rainwater pretty much froze solid. Sounds like a great time to hunker down in my craft room.

So I made this 3-D cowboy boot the other day. Doesn't it just fit in with living at the ranch? I had to figure out how to put it together without any instructions. The top half of the boot came in 9 pieces which were numbered so that helped. It took about 3 hours to cut it out and glue it together. Wish there was a pattern for a spur to add on to the back.
Then I made this wanted poster for our grandson, Parker. I will send it to him in the next couple of days. I sure do love my craft room.
The community well is now pumping water!!! The guys have a couple of things to do to finish it, like put up the fence and weld a cover over the lock to keep people from cutting the lock off. Of course the weather got too cold for them to finish. One day on the way home, Pa saw a herd of wild goats! We think they are feral goats. The guy down the road from us, about 9 miles saw a cougar and our resident wolf. He has small kids so I hope the cougar stays away.
All of a sudden, we've been invaded by mice! We caught three of them just last week. Tilly has been going nuts trying to get in the kitchen drawers, under the stove, and in the closet. The other night I pulled all the drawers out of one cabinet and she crawled in there trying to find a mouse. I was worried she'd get stuck in there and we'd have to tear out half the cabinets to free her. To keep her interested, I let her "catch" the mice in the pantry. She was so proud of herself, parading around with a mouse and trap in her mouth.
 She insisted there was a mouse in the guest closet so I opened the door and removed some boxes of books so she could hunt. She didn't find anything but was sure there was one in this box of books. She was digging and books were flying.
 "Where are those suckers!"
Jaz and Harley were supervising. I ended up taking out all the books so she could see there was nothing there.
This morning there was a rabbit in the garden so I let her chase it down. She proudly brought it in the house to show the other dogs. I hated to take it away from her but I didn't want her to eat it and get sick so I threw it outside for the other critters to eat. We don't know why she is such a hunter when the other dogs aren't but we want to encourage her to keep it up.
Other than that, not much else to report.


1 comment:

  1. too cute...love the new look of your blog..looks great...and those dogs of yours are just crazy...lol...we love them anyway...right...go get'm Tilly

    ReplyDelete