Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year a little late

My brother -in-law informed Pa that I have been a bad blogger lately. Soooooo I guess I will prattle on and get you caught up with goings on at Hell n Gone Ranch. Not much, ok so good by for now!

Ok, just kidding. Not too much goes on in the winter here as we hunker down, waiting for Spring. It really hasn't been a bad winter if you don't mind the morning temps at 4-8 degrees. That doesn't stop me from running around outside in my pj's and Croc's getting wheel barrows full of wood for the stove.

We had such a lovely Christmas day. I decided to make it easy on myself and had a cold dinner for our guests. I made potato salad, deviled eggs, bought two pies, had various breads and cheeses and spiral sliced ham, jello salad and appetizers. Wayne, Tom and Nancy and Don came over and spent the day. Gifts were exchanged. I made Nancy two charger plates with Santa on one and a snowman on the other in vinyl and forgot to take pictures of them. As a matter of fact, I was having such a great time,I forgot to take pictures of anything on Christmas day.

New Years Day was just another day. I got engrossed with the internet and forgot to watch the Rose Parade for the second time. We were in bed and sawing logs by 10 on New Year's Eve. Yes, we are such party animals.

We've had a bit of snow since my last post. I am tired of taking pictures out the front and back windows so decided to take a walk in the new snow. Here are some coyote tracks. They love to hunt after a snow. I think they can hunt quieter and see the bunnies easier in the snow.
 We got about three inches of the stuff. Since I don't have to go out in it unless I want to, I don't mind the snow at all. After living in Illinois for 15 years and surviving the winter of "78, I swore I would never live anywhere near snow ever again. It's amazing how retirement changes your mind about things.
 Coyotes are coming closer and closer to our house to hunt. As long as they leave the dogs alone, we will leave them alone. This one was in the back yard.
 These are in the front yard. They really are pretty.
 I stood at the top of our road and took a picture looking down one length of our property. With no tire tracks, doesn't it look isolated?
I haven't done much crafting lately. I just can't get inspired!
 Here is a card I made for my brother-in-law. It is a pop up card. I used vinyl for the notes
 Also used vinyl for the front decorations on the card. I was pleased with how it turned out.
 I made all our Christmas guests a stocking and filled it with candy.
This was made for my BFF Katie. Her birthday was Sunday. We went to Flag last Thursday and had a blast. I don't know which store I like best, Saver's or the Goodwill Weigh and Pay. I found lots of goodies at each one. Too much to mention here.

Pa and I went to Show Low a couple weeks ago and shopped at Lowe's. The next Friday, this arrived.
 Yes, yes, yes!!! Finally a big fridge. It is a Samsung French Door 26 CU. I swear, if we have too many guests, one of them can spend the night in here. Even Pa was getting tired of rummaging around in our old fridge trying to find something. Believe me, if he wasn't unhappy with the old fridge, he would never have consented to buying a new one.
Look at all that room!!!! Which shelf would you like us to reserve for your next visit? Pillows and blankets will be provided. Now we have to find someone to buy our old fridge. If you hear of anyone, have them give us a call. It's only been used for 2 years and would be perfect for someone who can shop once a week instead of once a month.

Pa , Wayne, and Tom worked on the community well yesterday. They got the new pipe and pump installed. Today they are going to wire it up. Then they will have to install the solar panels and everything should be ready to go. We will be so glad when this project is over. It has been dragging on for months. Not their fault tho.
Ok, brother- in- law, I'm all caught up for now. Stay tuned for the next "exciting" episode.
P.S. Pa actually saw a wolf, yes, a real wolf less than a mile from the house. How's that for excitement?

No comments:

Post a Comment