Sunday, January 8, 2012

N E Arizona is being ripped off!

Pa made it back from Vegas all in one piece. He had some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the eye doctor is taking him off his eye medicine for a month. The bad news is that he has to go back to Vegas in a month to have the eye doctor check him out. If he gets a good report he can go off his eye medicine and not report back for a year. In the meantime, he will look for an eye doctor in Arizona.
Of course while he was there, he had to go grocery shopping. One of our favorite stores in Vegas is Liberio which is a Mexican chain store originating in California. Ok, so here are some of the prices he bought some stuff at and the prices here in NE Arizona.
Vegas....Brown Onions, 4 pounds for .99- Here.... .99 a pound
Vegas...Green Beans, .59 a pound--------Here .$1.89 a pound
Vegas.....Yam, 4 pounds for .99----------Here .99 cents a pound
Vegas.....Romaine Lettuce , .69 each-----Here $1.59 each at Walmart!
Vegas....Iceberg Lettuce, 2 for .99------Here, .99 cents each or higher
Isn't that unbelievable? I can understand adding something for transportation but that is ridiculous!  I had him get me some De-Sol-Vit at Walmart in Vegas for $4.97. At Ace Hardware which is the only place I can find it, they want $8.97. I am just dumbfounded.
Our beautiful weather has gone south, or east or west....anywhere but here. High of 40 something with snow flurries and more on the way by the middle of the week. That is, if you can trust the weather report. Like I said before, ya never know.
 I was playing in my craft room today and made this teapot. The lid comes off so you can put things inside. My mom's birthday is at the end of the month so I thought I would put different types of tea inside and send it to her for her birthday. It is one of the hardest files I have to put together. I bought it a couple of years ago.
I also made this one but Pa said it looks more like a sled than a tea pot. It's supposed to be a tea pot in the shape of a strawberry.  One thing about Pa, he'll always give you an honest opinion!
We had another store closure in Saint Johns. The movie rental place shut it's doors. Couldn't compete with Red Box, I guess. Since we are on Dish Network, I signed up for Blockbuster movie rentals. We got our first movie, Horrible Bosses. It was funny in places but the language was way over the top. I don't know why they make movies with the F word in every sentence or worse. It really doesn't add anything to the plot.
Pa said for me to order my Christmas prezzie so I did. Can't wait to show it to you but ya have to wait. I also ordered my garden seeds and my onion plants came yesterday, right when the weather turned to...... winter.
Well, it is that time of year. As soon as the weather warms up again, I'll plant them.
Ok, I vented about the prices and caught you up on Pa. The VA doctor said he was as healthy as a horse. Now you are all caught up.
Oh! hi to my cousins in British Columbia. I heard they were reading my blog.

3 comments:

  1. love the tea pot...I will have to try that one... and yeah we get rip'd off BAD!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda -

    I'm in AZ too! That's very informative about the price comparison! .99 per lb for onions is pretty high...I like the 4/.99 per lb...

    -pamela :)
    FreeVintageDigiStamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, food is probably cheaper in Phoenix because it is a major hub. Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete