Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Pumpkin Pie Nearly Fatal Disaster

 Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I spent this morning getting everything ready for tomorrow's Christmas feast. I went to check on the pumpkin pie in the oven and pulled out the cookie sheet the pie was sitting on. The cookie sheet tipped over and spilled pumpkin all over the oven door. I stood there horrified with my mouth open in shock, my mind going 60 MPH wondering what to do next. The pumpkin wasn't burning so I got a spatula and a spoon and scooped everything up, plopped it all back in the pie crust and baked it for another 10 minutes and called it done. The oven door was clean and I will tell my guests what happened so they can decide between pumpkin and Pa's made from scratch chocolate pie. Plus whip cream will hide a lot of the defects. I made potato salad and Mama Linda's famous baked beans and we will have a spiral ham.
I made these little Santa in the chimney thingies and filled them with candy and they will be the place setting name tags. Next is mopping the kitchen floor since I cleaned the house yesterday and made some Christmas Crack candy to go with the other goodies I baked. The radio on the TV is playing Christmas music. I'm not expecting any gifts tomorrow since Santa already bought me my high rise commode. My mom sent us a huge Figi's box filled with cheese, candy and meat sticks
 I made these floating frames for gifts for our guests tomorrow.
 I love working with vinyl. Too bad it is so expensive.
 I cut Native American symbols to put on Tom's coffee mug. If you use outdoor vinyl, it will stick when you hand wash the item.
I think he will like it. So "have your self a Merry Little Christmas" and don't forget the real reason we celebrate at this time of year.
But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. "This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."…
 Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment