Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Spicy Bell Pepper

Forgot to mention that I've picked 30 of those Cajun Bell Peppers off of one plant!!!! There are still more on there. These aren't little peppers either. They are the size of regular bell peppers. I may just plant them and not the regular bells next year. Our tomatoes are not ripening. What the heck is going on with that? We have lots of them. On the Early Girl tomatoes, for every ripe one,we get one with blossom end rot. Every time a tomato ripens, those darned Towhee birds eat them. No vine ripe tomatoes for us. I have to pick them when they start to get pink. I've had a huge Prudens Purple just sitting there for a month as green as can be. The nights are getting colder so I hope I get some to can before it freezes and the garden is done. We really have to watch the night time temps now. If they predict a freeze, I'm going to cover as much as I can with blankets. Plus I want to bring in as many of my out door plants inside for the winter, the decorative ones in pots. My lemon tree, my hydrangea, my African Sumac tree, geranium , lantana, and so on. It will look like a forest inside the house during the winter but I can't stand to see them die. Of course it would help if I grew plants that do well in Northern Arizona and survive the winter on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment