Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Been Craftin'

 Since the wind has been so nasty, I've spent the past two days making some cards for my mom.
 I found some pictures of desert sunsets and desert scenery on the internet and printed them out the same size as the first layer of my card.
 Used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out designs, distressed the card stock with Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge distress Ink and Stampin Up Cajun Craze.
 Mounted the pictures behind the cut outs, glued that onto some matching cardstock and then mounted everything on a folded card.
 I'm really pleased with how they turned out. My fingers are permanently died rust color. 
 After making 12 different cards, I'm kind of tired of Southwest.
 My mom will like them tho. She doesn't have the internet or email so she sends cards out by snail mail.
 Unfortunately, my computer decided to shut down right in the middle of some cuts, ruining a half sheet of card stock. It also cut off my cutting program so I lost all the designs I made for the cards. I swear I saved them but can't find them anywhere. Luckily I  literally have thousands of cutting files saved on a flash drive so I was able to make the last 4 cards and stay with my Southwest theme.
 My crafting mojo took a vacation after making all those flowers so it was nice to feel creative for the last two days.
 If the wind doesn't stop soon, I'm going to go crazy, run down the road naked, screaming. Not that it will matter since no one lives near us. The wind wouldn't be so bad if you didn't get sand blasted along with it.
 The wind sure doesn't help the garden at all. I ran into Show Low today to take care of some things and bought some yellow squash, some zucchini and a couple of cukes. Will plant them tomorrow. The checker at Walmart gave me the name of an ortho doctor in Show Low. Said she heard good things about him so maybe I'll give him a call.
Hmmm, got a little glue on the front of this one. Maybe Ma can send it to some one she doesn't particularly like, ha ha.

You should have seen Tilly and me last night. We were chasing a mouse all over the house. She kept trying to get into a desk drawer in the kitchen so I opened the door and a mouse jumped out and ran into the pantry. She was so focused on the drawer, she wasn't paying attention to me yelling " Here! here! Tilly it's in here!" Finally grabbed her and shoved her in the pantry and things started to fly. Harley decided to help so we were all running around, sniffing here and there. Well, the dogs were sniffing. I was yelling. Tilly almost got the mouse but it ran out of the pantry back into the desk drawer. I opened the drawer and here are two little beady eyes staring at me. We were both equally freaked out. By the time Tilly got back to the drawer, the mouse jumped out and ran into Pa's office and hid behind the file case. I gave up and set two mouse traps. After we went to bed I heard a SNAP and I gave a satisfied chuckle. This morning, both traps had mice in them. That makes a grand total of 11 mice caught in the house so far this month. I guess the word's gotten out that we run a nice mice motel. I put out 5 little boxes of D-con outside and they were gone over night. Honestly, I'm a clean person and have a fairly clean house. You'd expect all those mice in a hoarder's home, not in a new home. I bought 4 big boxes of d-con today which will go outside around the garden. I need to buy it by the bucket full until we get the mice under control. I'd like to get an outside cat but since the coyotes ate the last one, I don't think it would be worth it.

That catches us up for now! Ta Ta!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards! You are very creative. My favorite is the Kokopelli.

    ReplyDelete