Saturday, April 20, 2013

Such a discouraging week!

   I have been so down this week. The only bright spot was getting so see P and B and having M and E over for dinner one evening. We haven't seen M and E for almost a year. They own property here at the ranch. They are such a lovely couple, we really like them and wish they could move here full time. Unfortunately they have to wait till they are old enough to retire. I told them that by the time they retire, we'll be dead of old age!
   The wind has been getting me down. It has blown in 6 inches of sand into my garden space. The only part that is pretty much sand free is where I placed my planter boxes. That leaves 60 % of the garden under sand. I started digging the sand out but after 3 wheel barrel loads, the wind started up again and my back was hurting. I dug out my poor asparagus so their little heads were above the sand. Not that it did much good because we have had freezes the past couple of nights and their heads were frozen. It didn't hurt the roots tho so they should make a come back.
   Pa's truck has been broken for a couple of weeks. He finally got it to run after replacing the spark plugs and plug wires yesterday. We washed all the mud off of it from rescuing Wayne.
 UPDATE 4/23/2013 I removed my ranting. My daughter said I sounded pathetic. I'ts amazing what rage does to you. Tried to shovel more sand out of the garden but my friend, the wind, showed up so it was fruitless. Told Pa that this is my last year for gardening. I'm tired of fighting the sand. We need a hoop house, like that will ever happen. Wayne said he would bring his tractor over so we could put railroad ties in where needed for the fence that we have to put in. Pa and I are going to Show Low tomorrow to buy barbed wire. He went to the scrap yard today and his friend who works there gave him a killer deal on fence posts. Bless his heart!
 

1 comment:

  1. oh that sucks so bad about the gate...it looked so good...I don't understand the problem...but I will not and fuel to the already going fire...heehee...I can't wait to see you on Thursday this week...we will have to chat about what projects we are going to get DONE...lol...we always have such a good time just getting NOTHING done really...but bonding our friendship...I miss you so much...I wish we lived closer together...but you are much closer then Vegas...lol...well off to craft and work on next months workshop projects...they are so darn cute...may I say so myself...You will have to check out the post for next workshop on the workshop blog...should be up in the next day or so...hugs Katie

    ReplyDelete